J.A.M. Jr. Annual Scholarship Program
We'll help take the stress out of paying for college so that you can focus on the things that matter most.
Named after Addition Financial's former President and CEO, the Joseph A. Melbourne Jr. Annual Scholarship Program awards college scholarships to six high school seniors, worth a total of $10,000 each. We also award two master's level scholarships worth $2,500 each.
Applications are closed for 2023. Check below for the winners!
Scholarship Details & Timeline
Scholarship Eligibility +
Applicant must be a member:
- Applicant must be a primary or joint current account holder with Addition Financial at the time of application submission and scholarship award payout. If the applicant does not have an account at the time of selection, the applicant will be disqualified.
Addition Financial employees, officials & immediate families:
- Addition Financial employees, officials, immediate families of employees and immediate families of officials are not eligible.
Requirements for high school applicants:
- High school applicants must be graduating high school in the spring or summer of 2023. Applicants must be accepted into or enrolled into a four-year, accredited bachelor’s degree program at a college, trade school or university that is located in the state of Florida. (Minimum 12-credit hour semester or full-time equivalent.) This scholarship award is designed to be distributed over a four-year timeframe.
Requirements for master's degree applicants:
- Master’s level applicants must be accepted into or enrolled into a master’s level program that is located in the state of Florida or online.
- Applicant must have a current cumulative grade point average (GPA) of a 3.0 or higher.
The Award +
Six college scholarships:
- Each college scholarship winner will be awarded $10,000 over four years ($2,500 per year).
Two master's scholarships:
- Each master's level scholarship winner will be awarded $2,500 each (one time payout).
Entry Requirements +
Answer both Essay Questions in the space provided on the application. Scan and attach the Letter of Recommendation to your application.
Essay Question #1:
- In 100 words or less, pick a character from a movie or a book and discuss their use of money and whether you agree or disagree with their choices.
Essay Question #2:
- In 100 words or less, tell us what question we should ask you to help you stand out from all of the other applicants. Then answer the question.
Letter of Recommendation:
- This letter should include applicant's demonstrated community service efforts.
Judging, Renewal + Timeline +
Applications for 2023 closed on February 28.
Applications will be reviewed and judged by a scholarship committee within Addition Financial.
Personal information will be redacted prior to review by the scholarship committee. Missing information within application will result in disqualification. The credit union is under no obligation to contact applicants regarding missing information.
Winners have been selected and notified. Check below for the full list of winners!
Scholarship check will be made payable jointly to the recipient and their designated school and will be mailed directly to the school. The applicant will work with the school financial aid office to check status of scholarship and their account balance. All decisions made by Addition Financial will be final.
College scholarship renewals will need to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Proof of completion and grades from the last semester the scholarship was applied.
- Proof of full-time enrollment for the upcoming fall semester.
If you have questions, please contact the Scholarship Coordinator at 407-896-9411 ext. 2543.
Anticipated College: University of Central Florida
Anticipated Major: Finance
Anticipated College: University of North Florida
Anticipated Major: Business Finance
Anticipated College: University of Florida
Anticipated Major: Sports Management / Sports Marketing
Anticipated College: Valencia College
Anticipated Major: Criminal Justice
Anticipated College: Florida State University
Anticipated Major: Biology
Anticipated College: University of Florida
Anticipated Major: Pre-Medicine
Master's in Special Education Teaching
Master's Degree in Art Education